Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christmas in July Day 8

It was a CIJ Fail yesterday - too much running around, too tired to really do anything. I had planned to make a Half-Eaten Gingerbread Man ornament but after cutting him out and thinking about it for a while, I decided he really needed to be sewn on the machine. Those of you who know me well know that I don't know how to operate a sewing machine and yesterday certainly wasn't the day to drag out the instruction manual to try to learn. So, Gingie and his fixins' are relegated to a Ziploc bag pending the return of Vic, who will hopefully show me how to use the sewing machine. How sad is that? When the hubby has to teach his wife how to sew!

I checked out two more Gooseberry Patch books but was disappointed in both of them. Every recipe in Very Merry Christmas Cookbook had already been in the other books I read and Christmas Cookies was all recipes without a single photo. I've got to have a few photos to get me motivated when it comes to cookbooks. I was also disappointed to find out that Gooseberry Patch no longer sends its mail-order catalog. I used to love their catalogs; they had so many cool gadgets and gift items.

I didn't get around to my Christmas movie yesterday, The Christmas Card, so as soon as I post this entry, I'm off to enjoy it. Sophia is at a sleepover so it's just me and MudLynn this morning. I did finish Debbie Macomber's The Perfect Christmas (very cute!) and now I'm onto her Christmas Letters. I am really enjoying her books.

Today is a decorating tip day so I'll leave you with this really cool idea. I don't decorate my tree with round, shiny ornaments but I do have some that I use to fill baskets or glass jars/bowls and they bring a great splash of color to a room. This chandelier idea is interesting (I found it here), although I wish they had shown how it was attached to the ceiling.

Photo: Roland Bello

No comments:

Post a Comment