Monday, November 11, 2013

The Week Ahead - November 11

Outside my window...forecast for the week is cold, mid 40s and 50s, although we're in the 60s on Friday.  Is it fall or not?
 
I am thinking...Christmas is coming and I bought my first Christmas item today - a Charlie Brown gingerbread house (it's actually a dog house) kit.  Holiday fun for the whole family!

I am thankful...that yesterday's riding lesson was uneventful - Hercules refused one jump but Sophia held on tight and stayed in the saddle.

From the kitchen...chicken adobo with rice and with any luck, I can get Vic to cook it.

I am hearing...Vic listing to the news.  We canceled our cable but for some bizarre reason, we still get Fox News.
 
Always one of my favorite things...Christmas craft fairs - round two of the Santa's Stocking event in Virginia Beach.

I am STILL reading...The Five Love Languages - Military Edition by Gary Chapman with Jocelyn Green.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...nothing today and nothing tomorrow, lunch with the Navy Mustang Spouses on Thursday, taking MudLynn to the vet for her annual vaccinations on Friday, and Santa's Stocking on Saturday.

College Update...Still going strong.  Sophia is still working hard on her reading and assignments.  She's also working on a college application for her number one choice in Washington.

Volunteer Update...One more new volunteer to train this month and I have a couple of prospective volunteers who are still not responding to my e-mails.  Guess I'll have to call them.  I have an appointment with Vic's command next week to talk about the Ombudsman position.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...Headed up to Smithfield this weekend - a delightful little town with a quaint Main Street.  We had some Smithfield Ham for lunch and then checked out the Christmas Store before driving past the Smithfield plant - ahhh, the smell of bacon!
White House tours have resumed so I put our name on the list - hoping it comes up sometime in the spring so we can take a trip to DC and take in a few more sites before we head to the West Coast.

The Old Isle of Wight Courthouse

Cute little mice nestled in the branches of a Christmas tree

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment