Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve


It's Christmas Eve and I'm up before the chickens.  It's usually on Christmas morning that I'm up long before it gets light but this year, it's coming a day early.  As much as I wish I could say that outside my window it looks like the photo above, all I can see are puddles from yesterday's rain.  It's going to be cold today, 45 degrees is the high but no white stuff.

We usually go out to breakfast on Christmas Eve morning and then head to Barnes and Noble for our annual magazine and book shopping event before heading home to pop the ham in the oven and prepare for our evening buffet.  This year, however, we did our Barnes and Noble shopping over the weekend because we are having friends over for brunch.  So I have two sets of Christmas Eve menus in the works.

***

Christmas Eve Brunch

Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole
Quiche Lorraine
Bacon
Pumpkin Bread
Orange Juice    Mimosas    Coffee

***

***

Christmas Eve Buffet

Baked Ham with Pineapple
Caesar Salad
Chilled Shrimp
Smoked Salmon
Cheese Board
Pâté
Olives
Marinated Mushrooms
French Bread

Christmas Cocktails and Faux Champagne

Vanilla Mousse in Chocolate Cordial Cups

***

In a word...yummy!

1 comment: