Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Favorites


The advisor to one of our spouse groups has a stunning collection of cups and saucers.  She does a lot of entertaining with teas and coffee mornings featuring prominently.  Over the years, she has amassed a lovely assortment of cups and saucers.  Anyone looking for a gift to thank her for her patronage can't go wrong with a cup and saucer.

My favorite cup and saucer is from my china pattern, Royal Albert Old Country Roses.  It is so delicate, I just love to drink tea from it.


I'd love to put together a set of cups and saucers.  I'm on the hunt for the Royal Albert Flower of the Month series.  Since they are no longer available, I'm having to scout out secondary sources and they are a bit pricey.  I guess I should start a savings jar, a place to collect all my spare change.


I'd love to be able to find the matching luncheon plates as well.

The new issue of Tea Time magazine has a lovely spread featuring Royal Doulton's Carlyle which is, unfortunately, another pattern that is no longer available.


And no collection would be complete without a piece of Royal Crown Derby Old Imari.


So, if you receive an invitation from me to tea, there will one day be quite a collection of cups and saucers on the sideboard.  Do you have a favorite cup and saucer?

No comments:

Post a Comment