Monday, February 10, 2014

The Week Ahead - February 10

Outside my window...cold and the dreaded snowflake is showing up in the weather forecast for later today.  It reappears on Wednesday so that's two chances for snow in three days - I am so over winter.
 
I am thinking...that there is a mischievous elf who fills my laundry basket every time I leave the room - how can three people make this much laundry?

I am thankful...for these quiet moments in the morning...just me, my coffee, and my laptop.

From the kitchen...leftovers...steak, pot roast, potatoes, rice, Brussels sprouts...a good old fridge cleanout.

I am hearing...the heater.
 
One of my favorite things...college planning with Sophia - we've got the college, now we need to look over the various housing, roommate, and dining options.  Looking forward to planning a campus visit as soon as we get to Washington.

I am reading, I am reading, I am reading!!!...Georgette Heyer's A Civil Contract.  It's one of the books my friend Ginny lent to me and I tucked it in my purse last week when I went to pick up a prescription.  The two-hour wait meant that I got halfway through it and I find myself picking it up instead of watching the telly.  Yay! I've found my reading groove again!

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...school for Sophia today and Wednesday (unless the weather has anything to do with that).  A chocolate fondue event tonight with my spouses group, doctor's appointment for tomorrow (rescheduled from last week), and a chocolate box/tuxedo strawberries-making event on Thursday with my other spouses group followed by Sophia's riding lesson.  It's a Valentine's/Birthday weekend so we'll see what comes of that.

College Update...going well...one quarter of the way through the semester.

Volunteer Update...still looking for people to take over my Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator and Newsletter Editor/Webmaster positions.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...some trips on the planning stages for Vic but nothing firm yet.


Slowly getting my photos organized here on my computer...this weekend I've filed away Montréal, Sophia's graduation, Monticello, the Washington International Horse Show, and Christmas 2013.  This photo was taken in the gardens at Monticello last October.  It's a bunch of cockscomb, flowers that resemble the head of a rooster and this bunch looked like a heart.  Perfect for Valentine's Day.
 
Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment