Monday, February 17, 2014

The Week Ahead - February 17

Outside my window...cold but clear and sunny - just right for walking.  I'm going to put this post up and take a walk - doctor's orders.
 
I am thinking...that it's time to pay attention to my doctor and adopt a healthier lifestyle.  It's not hard once you make it a habit, it's just getting starting on that habit.  Lab results at my appointment last week were not what they should be and that's going to change.  The number on the scale was pretty frightening too. 

I am thankful...my husband and daughter for giving me such a lovely Valentine's/Birthday weekend (albeit not a very healthy one!).  Roses, chocolates, a beautiful card, and dinner at P. F. Chang's on Friday followed by the royal treatment on my birthday on Sunday.  I woke up to breakfast in bed (although from the smell of burned bacon in the house, I suspect it was round two in the breakfast-making process!), cards, presents, a day out for shopping and lunch, and then dinner and  Downton Abbey.  I didn't step foot in the kitchen all day.  The little birthday elf even made my bed!

From the kitchen...pork chops, rice with gravy, applesauce, green beans.

I am hearing...the heater.
 
One of my favorite things...roses - is there anything as lovely as the sight and smell of a bouquet of roses?

I am reading...still working my way through Georgette Heyer's A Civil Contract.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...it's not a holiday for the community college system so Sophia is off to school today.   Vic will run me to the grocery store because I forgot to renew my driver's license this weekend and it expired on my birthday!  I'm off to the Tidewater Collection to train two new volunteers tomorrow and then to a Residents' meeting for our housing area in the evening, Sophia has her riding lesson on Thursday, I have a hair appointment on Friday, and Sophia and I are going to a baby shower in the afternoon on Saturday and I have Bunco - Mardi Gras theme in the evening.

College Update...math test today - hope it goes well.

Volunteer Update...still looking for people to take over my Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator and Newsletter Editor/Webmaster positions but I think I may have a lead on the first one.  Seven new volunteers to train over the next month.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...still some trips on the planning stages for Vic but nothing firm yet.

Lots of lovely new books on my iPad - one of my birthday gifts was a giftcard for Amazon.

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment