Monday, February 24, 2014

The Week Ahead - February 24

Outside my window...gorgeous - 54 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in the sky.
 
I am thinking...that I am so frustrated.  Our plans to move to Washington have been postponed for at least three months - target date is now August for Vic to report in September.  There is also the ugly fiscal issue (not ours but the Navy's) rearing its head that could nix the entire plan and that's playing havoc with getting Sophia settled in college.  I've set April 15 as the drop-dead date for making a decision. 

I am thankful...that I know and understand that I have NO CONTROL over the entire situation above.  Otherwise, I'd go nuts!

From the kitchen...turkey roast, rice with gravy, carrots.

I am hearing...the heater.
 
One of my favorite things...a lovely brunch with my fellow volunteers.

I am reading...still working my way through Georgette Heyer's A Civil Contract.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...late posting today because of the aforementioned brunch after which I opened up the boutique for the volunteers to shop and then went downtown to pick up Sophia, work again tomorrow, off to the DMV and to purchase the parts that a car-savvy friend needs to repair my car on Thursday, and training new volunteers on Friday and Saturday.  Looking forward to starting the Minimalism Game on Saturday with a blog partner and thinking about doing this too -

College Update...current semester still going well...lots of decisions to make about what's next...all depends on where we end up.

Volunteer Update...still looking for people to take over my Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator and Newsletter Editor/Webmaster positions but I think I may have a lead on the first one and now the second one as well.  Still training new volunteers.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...tentative dates set for Vic's travel but of course, can't reveal any information at this stage.  Let's just say I wish I was going too and I'll update you all when he gets back.

Photo courtesy of http://www.bhg.com/decorating/storage/mudroom/mudroom/?sssdmh=dm17.507987&esrc=nwhi021711&email=2114809685

Haven't picked up a camera in ages so I thought I'd share a photo of something I recently pinned to my DIY Home board on Pinterest.  We have a closet in our entry in our Rhode Island house that would benefit from being torn out and replaced with this.  I knew I liked this idea; when I pinned it, I realized I had already pinned it, two years ago!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment