Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Life Last Week #1

It seems like I'm always behind on The Week Ahead so I thought it would be easier to tag along with Mrs. M's Meanderings' Life Last Week series of posts.  So much easier to think about what I actually did, rather than what I might be doing!
 
I started off the week with Mah Jongg.  I am really enjoying getting to know the other spouses in the group, most of whom are living their post-Navy days here in Washington.  The game is interesting, not at all like that online game which is more like the children's Memory (matching) Game.  I suppose you could say it's a bit like gin rummy or Phase 10 with tiles.  There are dozens of possible winning hands and that's where it gets tricky.  Most of the group have been playing for years and have the hands memorized, while I spend my time flipping through the handbook, trying to figure out what direction to take!
 
Tuesday was a brunch at my house for the Pacific Northwest Mustang Spouses.  I was hoping to find a similar group of ladies to the group we had in Hampton Roads but response was slim and then two cancelled at the last minute so it ended up being just four of us.  It was fun, though, and nice to get to know two new spouses who are already signed up for next month's lunch.  I guess I'll put the events out there and see who responds.
 
I spent the rest of the week running around gathering up items to take to Sophia.  It was the Fall Family Open House at Western on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and although due to Sophia's community service project and Vic's work schedule, we were only able to make a quick trip for the day on Saturday, she had quite a laundry list of things for me to bring.  Since we were only going for part of the day, we took MudLynn with us and that made Sophia very happy.

 
A busy week although not a very exciting one.  The weather has been a bit grey and rainy, which I love, so I've been able to get some scrapbooking sorted in preparation for a November scrapbook challenge.  A Page a Day or Seven Pages in a Week should help me get the 2007 New England Travels with Janet album completed.  Looking forward to two craft clubs that I'm hosting next month; two more opportunities to crop with like-minded crafters which is always fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you seem to be meeting people and making friends so quickly and easily after moving to a completely different place - I think I'd find it really hard. It sounds as though you're settling in really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela, thanks for your comment on the blog but unfortunately I am officially useless as I've not actually had any experience with Smashbox although I hear good things. I do think my aunts use it a lot via QVC and enjoy it. Let me know what you're looking at specifically and I'm sure I can find out some info and/or if there is anything specific you're looking for I can prob recommend some things I do know about

    V xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete