Monday, February 9, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-6


It was the final countdown until Vic's return on Friday and I had a few things on the calendar so I used the free days to clean the house from top to bottom so that the weekend would be free from chores.

I met a new MilSpouse friend for coffee on Tuesday.  A mutual friend in Okinawa contacted me and asked me to connect with a friend of hers who had recently moved to the area and whose husband works with mine.  We met at Starbucks and spent three hours getting to know each other.  Turns out we have quite a bit in common and our husbands are pals.  It was an enjoyable morning.

I finished up whatever chores and errands had to be done on Wednesday so that I could join the Ladies of Leisure on Thursday.  We started with coffee at a local coffee shop and then strolled around downtown Poulsbo.  There are some really cute shops and I hadn't visited a couple of them before.  We finished up the outing with lunch overlooking Liberty Bay.

Up early on Friday - homecoming day.  Several spouses live within viewing distance of the pier so photos were up as soon as the ship was in sight.  I knew that the sailors would not be released (known as the liberty call in case you haven't heard that expression before) until at least 11:00am so I had plenty of time to get my manicure and pedicure out of the way before heading back home to change.  Vic called about noon so I bundled MudLynn into the car and off we went to pick him up.  How lovely it is to have him home again!

We spent the afternoon having a quick sandwich and coffee at the coffee shop I visited the day before with the Ladies of Leisure, picking up some of Vic's favorite pastries at the bakery, browsing through the magazine section at Barnes & Noble, and then picking up some Chinese food to enjoy with a Downton Abbey marathon of the three episodes Vic had missed while he was gone.

It was up early on Saturday as Vic had duty and had to head back to work.  I had a Navy Wives Club meeting at 11:00am which stretched to 1:00pm and several of us headed out to lunch after it was over.  I got home in time to finish all the laundry Vic brought home on Friday, feed and walk the dog, and watch an old episode of JAG before I headed to bed.

Vic got home early on Sunday so we went to church and then came home to change clothes and hit the road for a Sunday afternoon road trip.  We decided to go south until we hit Highway 101 (the highway that loops all the way around the Olympic Peninsula) and then follow it up along the Hood Canal to the bridge that loops us back around to home.  It was a beautiful day; we stopped for lunch at a local restaurant and then stopped again to take a photo of a sign for the Olympic National Forest.  As we got out of the car, we could hear a waterfall so we followed a short trail to take a look.


MudLynn enjoyed the outing as well.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved the waterfalls in Washington! Have you ever driven the 530/20 loop? It's over Mt. Vernon area. Stunning views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but it's on our list. So many beautiful drives in this state - can't wait to explore them all.

      Delete