Monday, April 27, 2015

W is for Wenatchee

W is for Wenatchee and the Wenatchee Valley, where water skiing, backpacking, hunting, fishing, and snow skiing opportunities abound and you're just minutes away from some of the best attractions in the northwest like Mission Ridge Ski Area, Lake Chelan, Leavenworth, and some of the best wineries in the state.

Located in north-central Washington, the rich volcanic soil was too arid for farming but perfect for planting apple trees and Wenatchee emerged as one of the world's largest producers of the fruit.  The Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival is held every year around the last week of April and the first week of May. The list of activities is almost endless. The festival has a huge economic impact on Wenatchee as the events attract over 100,000 visitors.

2 comments:

  1. My aunt used to live there and we visited all the time. It's a GREAT place!

    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I went to Washington for vacay. We went to Wallace Falls and yes I did hike to the top of Upper Falls. It was beautiful and I am so thankful I pushed through even though I thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion!! Loved a lot of area up there and ready to go back!

    ReplyDelete