Monday, August 24, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-33


Bests:

1. Step one of my official passport paperwork complete - Japan, here I come, maybe? There are some travel opportunities coming up at work and I'm in the running for a spot. Feeling very chuffed that they're even considering someone as new to the group as myself.

2. Fun with the Navy Wives at our end of the year annual picnic - pool time for the kids and lots of chatting among the members. I love getting to know everyone.

3. The last of my swap packages from my planner group came in - lots of fun goodies to share with Sophia.

4. Stunning new floors at the Rhode Island rental house - my contractor did a beautiful job and the bill so far (with not too many more things to be added) is within the budget.

5. The weather is cooling down and that's always a good thing.

Worsts:

1. Took a fall at work last week that has left me black and blue - nothing broken thank goodness but I did feel a right fool lying there on the ground. Thank goodness the brim of my hard hat stopped my head from hitting the concrete. Two men came rushing over to help me get up (good grief, how embarrassing!) - no idea what happened, one minute I was walking along, the next ka-boom, down I went. Must have hit an uneven spot that threw me right off balance.

2. Really frustrated with Shutterfly - I've been working on the Navy Wives History Book that we will submit at the National Convention for judging and it must have a plain cover. I thought Shutterfly's cloth cover was an option but it has a spot on the front to insert a photo. Apparently, if you don't insert a photo, you'll get an album cover with a great big blank grey rectangle smack in the middle. My only option was to pay an exorbitant price for a plain leather cover - even with a healthy discount, it was still more than I wanted to pay. Lesson learned, look for another company for next year.

3. Still adjusting to working and my blog life has suffered terribly. Please bear with me, followers, I will be around to visit you all soon and thank you for continuing to read my very sporadic posts.

6 comments:

  1. I cringe in empathy for your embarrassing fall. Boy have I been there...like on the middle of an empty dance floor at my 20th high school reunion. argh

    I don't know if this will be at all helpful, but a long time ago I pinned a blogger's review of 12 different photo book companies, and thought it might give you a head start on your research. She also has a link at the end of her post for another blog that reviewed even more companies. Hope it helps a little.

    https://thedailydigi.com/12-different-photobook-printer-reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely check out the posts - I was so frustrated after all my work that the price was so high. Unfortunately, it was either pay it or recreate the whole thing and I just wasn't into that idea at all.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have no lasting consequences from your fall. Ouch. SO excited for your potential travel opportunities...even if it's not the UK! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited although it would open up a whole set of logistics to conquer. Pack up the house and move into a smaller apartment and leave it unoccupied while I'm gone? Pack everything into storage and then unpack it all when I get back? Into what, another house or apartment? A lot is also dependent on Vic's schedule which is, at present, unknown. Decisions, decisions, it's definitely going to be an intensive pros vs. cons exercise!

      Delete
  3. Glad you seem well after your fall. Seems like you had a pretty good week apart from that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soreness is easing. I was certainly relieved that nothing was broken or sprained. I do a lot of walking at work and to be limping around would have been miserable.

      Delete