Monday, January 4, 2016

Life Last Week 2016-1


It was supposed to be a quiet week but we packed so much into it, it just whizzed right past us. Sophia stayed with us for a few days longer than she had originally planned so we were able to finally make it to the cinema to see the new Star Wars film. It's not really my cup of tea but I know they really enjoyed it. Vic was on leave and I was off work for the whole week so we spent some time using up some gift cards from Christmas and watching a lot of DVDs that had been under the tree. I got my hair cut, we took MudLynn to the vet, and I wrapped up my therapy appointments. I didn't think they were necessary as thank goodness there were no lasting effects from my stroke and the therapist agreed and cleared me. I did, however, get the bill from the hospital to the tune of $26,000. Thank goodness it was just the insurance statement showing that I owed -0-! No wonder people who have health issues and no insurance lose their homes and end up bankrupt.

We took Sophia back to school and as her car was making a rather alarming noise when you turned the steering wheel, Vic drove it back and we spent the weekend having it looked at and then driving it back to her. Alarming noise - gone!

The grand finale to our week was the premiere of Season 6 of Downton Abbey which we thoroughly enjoyed. Back to work for me on Monday although Vic has another week of leave so I'm looking forward to his culinary skills taking care of dinner each night during the week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not one to sit and watch TV much, but I'm sort of curios about Downton Abbey. I've thought about watching it on Netflix. I'm just afraid I'll have a hard time understanding the accents!

    ReplyDelete