Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Christmas in July - Day Twelve

It's one of the best things about Christmas in July - the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere.  I've been a Hallmark ornament collector for 35 years and here are this year's additions to the collection:

Top row: (two minis) It's a Twister (from the Wizard of Oz) and Winter Fun with Snoopy, A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes, Little Tikes Play Slide, Christmas Window 2016, A Harry Potter Collection, The Grinch Carved the Roast Beast, Daughter
Bottom row:  Ollivanders Wand Shop, The Big Bang Theory, Festive Flyer, A Patriotic Blessing (from Christmas Vacation), Better Together, Bark
The two ornaments in the center, Christmas Window 2016 and Festive Flyer, are two of this year's Keepsake Ornament Club's selections.  I reactivated my membership last year after a lapse of many years and it's a chance to buy a couple of special edition ornaments each year.

I was so happy to find the Cinderella A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes ornament - Sophia sang this song as part of her 4-H project in Performing Arts a couple of years ago.  I love to find ornaments that commemorate special memories.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornaments! I'm so jealous of the Harry Potter ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing what you got. I chose the Christmas Window 2016 as part of my renewal and then I also chose the Inside Story ornament. I've only been a member since 2006, but have bought Hallmark ornaments forever. I grew up in Kansas City and Hallmark stores were our go-to for all of our stationery needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That takes me back to think about stationery needs - I used to buy all my writing paper from Hallmark in the days before correspondence was by email! I remember buying sets of personalized stationery as gifts. I really need to get back to letter writing. I was going to do a meme 52 Letters in 52 Weeks - I've been putting it off thinking that I needed to wait until January 1 to start but it's going to be my next blog project. As soon as Christmas in July sends, 52 Letters in 52 Weeks will start August 1.

      Delete
    2. And that should say "As soon as Christmas in July ENDS...."

      Delete