Friday, July 29, 2016

Christmas in July - Day Twenty-Nine

Christmas music - how can it not bring a smile to you face?  I love all kinds - traditional carols, classics sung by crooners like Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis, old favorites made new by a country star or a contemporary Christian artist.  I've mentioned before that Target always has a great selection of Christmas music - in addition to the Celtic Christmas I picked up last year, I've also added music by Hilary Duff, Steven Curtis Chapman, Josh Groban, and Chris Tomlin.

Do you have a favorite Christmas carol/song?  Mine has to be O Holy Night and listening to it this year will be especially poignant.  Sophia's voice coach, Kate Grana, performed O Holy Night every year at the Portsmouth High School's Christmas Concert at Glen Manor House in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.  Ms. Grana succumbed to cancer this year and I don't think I'll ever be able to hear O Holy Night without thinking of her amazing rendition.

Catherine (Kate) Agnes Grana
1949-2016

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of the loss of Ms. Grana. I know you'll be reminded of her often during the Christmas season. O Holy Night is one of my favorite Christmas carols. The tune, the words, the message - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete