Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 2/27/2016


My goodness, the end of February is almost here.  Where did the month go?

It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in .

The weather:::
Moderate temperatures forecast until Tuesday (75 degrees) and Wednesday (80 degrees - no, no, no!)  but they go back down again at the end of the week.  For most of the year, Virginia weather and I do not get along at all.

On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through the reading pile - no change from last week.  I have made an effort to spend more time reading so hopefully, I'll get at least one book finished this week.  I added this to my collection - couldn't resist the great price at Costco.  It's a beautiful book.



On my TV:::
No Mercy Street or Victoria last night.  We finished Season Two of Outlander and have to wait until September for the next installment of the adventures of Claire and Jamie Fraser.  I've been watching Edward the King on PBS Passport.

On the menu for this week:::
Steak, I think, will be on the menu tonight but after that, no clue.  Vic will be traveling so no doubt it will be snack-type food for me.

On my to-do list:::

  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop
  • Theater outing this week with a girlfriend - Vic and I bought tickets in December for an upcoming show but he won't be able to make it.
  • Starting a Declutter Challenge March 1 (see below)
  • Tax prep appointment with our bookkeeper
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
No Wilton class after all this weekend - thoroughly disgusted with Michael's over the whole thing.  We signed up for four sessions in the month of February which was the only month that Vic would be home every Saturday.  The instructor decided to cram four classes into three so we made plans for the fourth Saturday, then she cancelled the third session and rescheduled it for the fourth Saturday (I could change my plans but Vic couldn't so that meant I would be going alone) and then she rescheduled again after I'd already changed everything I had scheduled to accommodate the new time she was requesting.  I was so fed up, I told her I would like a refund for the sessions we would not be getting and if she couldn't arrange that, then please forward the name of a supervisor or manager who could.  So disappointing.

Looking around the house:::
One load of laundry and unload the dishwasher.  Working hard to keep clutter at bay.

From the camera:::


Beautiful roses for our 24th wedding anniversary yesterday

Something fun to share:::


I'm starting this Declutter Challenge on March 1.  If  you'd like a set of your own stickers for your planner, journal, or calendar, you can find them at Lisa Lorene Plans on Etsy.

Today is also Kahlua Day.  Do you have a favorite Kahlua beverage?  I sometimes put the tiny bottles in the toe of our Christmas stocking so we can enjoy it in our coffee with lashings of whipped cream on top.  It's a version of Irish Coffee; I think it's just called Kahlua Coffee.

What I'm wearing today:::
Black yoga pants, white long-sleeved shirt, flip flops.

Bible Verse, Devotional:::
If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging.  (Romans 12:8)

10 comments:

  1. Happy 24th Anniversary! That is so unprofessional about the wilton class...I know it must be frustrating! Hope you have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I like the declutter challenge, have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a frustrating experience with the cake decorating class. Hope they'll refund you some of your money. Happy 24th anniversary! The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am decluttering and organizing (and painting) this winter. It's been great too. I've donated many things and given much away, to free up chaos in my home. I don't use a handy chart, but that chart is pretty neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it's almost March - where is this year going?!

    Steak sounds wonderful, set an extra place for me please!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this decluttering challenge!! Definitely a fun (and needed!!) thing to share! Thank you!!

    Also, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

    And I think we like the same TV shows!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! that de cluttering challenge sounds interesting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary :) I have to catch up with Outlander, never quite finished Season 2. Love the declutter challenge, funny enough I've been on a declutter and organizing roll lately.

    Hope you have a fantastic week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful roses. Happy anniversary! Sorry your cake decorating class didn't work out, how frustrating. Hope you get that refund. A decluttering challenge sounds like fun. Our weird weather definitely has me in the mood for spring cleaning. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete