Monday, August 28, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 8/28/2017



It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in .

The weather:::
Temperatures range from the mid 70s to the mid 80s - I'll take the lower range!  Fall is coming.


On my reading pile:::

Finishing up It Happened in Scotland by Patience Griffin, it's slow going.  Set up a Goodreads account to keep track of books I'd like to read - I snap photos of covers when I'm at Barnes and Noble and this seemed the best way not to lose the list.

On my TV:::
Army Wives is my current marathon while I'm scrapbooking.

On the menu for this week:::

Vic's home so it's back to regular meals - in our new NuWave Brio Air Fryer - first try last night and loved it!
Monday - Salmon
Tuesday - Lamb Steaks
Wednesday - Tilapia
Thursday - Grilled Shrimp
Friday - TBD

On my to-do list:::
  • Weight Watchers - dreading it after a week with Sophia here and all the eating out and eating in we did!
  • A daily trip to the local consignment shop which is accepting consignments ahead of reopening next week (they close for the summer) - I have lots of listing and labeling to work on before I take in my items.
  • Gearing up for the Holiday Grand Plan - this week is List Week and the target area is the Front Porch.
  • Decorate for fall!

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Vic's Career Album is finished!  I have the Disney album spread out on my craft table and I also have to get a project together for a crop scheduled for September 9th.

Looking around the house:::
Laundry, mop floors.

From the camera:::



It was so wonderful to see Sophia last week - we crammed an awful lot into five days - (top row) meeting Cocoa and seeing Cocoa's owners, Scott and Kelly (they haven't seen Sophia since 2006), reconnecting with high school friend Tre, clothes shopping for workplace clothes, shopping from Dad's closet (center row) family favorite Boboli pizza, doing her best to stimulate the British food store's economy, Best of British stop, Mum's fish and chips (bottom row) meeting next door neighbor Apollo, eight-week old German Shepherd puppy, two of her favorites:  Chick-fil-A and Nordstrom Rack, another shot of adorable Cocoa

Something fun to share:::


The Holiday Grand Plan started yesterday - there's still plenty of time to join in!

What I'm wearing today:::
Capris, T-shirt, flip-flops.

2 comments:

  1. I just love Happy Homemaker Mondays! I enjoy reading your posts of what's going on for your week. It's like having a chat with a friend over a glass of iced tea! Thanks for sharing the Holiday Grand Plan. I popped over to it and I loved it. It looks very manageable and will definitely lead to a stress-free holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running super late this week with all the "horrific excitement" we've had around here. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit and busy busy week. I'm going to go check out the Holiday Grand Plan - sounds interesting. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete