Tuesday, November 14, 2017

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 14


I give thanks for job security. In these challenging economic times, I am thankful for Vic's career, that his hard work has brought him success, and a comfortable standard of living for his family. The military is not for everyone, but for those who chose to make it a way of life, it has many benefits. The days of long-term employment with the same company and a nice retirement at the end of it are not as common as they used to be, but with the military, those days are still possible.

1 comment:

  1. I've always been thankful for those who make it a career; they're the ones who keep the wheels turning. I think I've told you I grew up in a Navy town with both of my parents working civil service. I had so many friends who came and went on the Navy's schedule. I knew how hard it was for me to tell them goodbye; I couldn't imagine starting over in a new place over and over. So know that as you give thanks for the military, I'm giving thanks for military families.

    ReplyDelete