Monday, November 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/13/2017


It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in.

The weather:::

Temperatures mostly in the 50s this week although we will have 67 one day and 49 this weekend.  Raining today - fall has definitely arrived.

On my reading pile:::
Part Four of Keep the Home Fires Burning is STILL still waiting on my Kindle.  I've been too busy with December Daily to read anything.

On my TV:::
Outlander, Season 3, on STARZ
Bramwell
Poldark on PBS
The Durrells in Corfu on PBS

On the menu for this week:::

I'm going grocery shopping later today so I need to make menus - tilapia tonight and that's as far as menu planning goes so far.

On my to-do list:::
  • Continuing on with the Holiday Grand Plan - it's Attic Week, how appropriate since our heating system isn't working properly and the HVAC people will be out today to go into the attic to see what's going on.
  • Pick up my earnings at the consignment shop
  • Spouses' group board meeting
  • Manicure
  • Spouses' group field trip to the MacArthur Memorial with lunch after that
  • Bangs trim
  • Dentist appointment
  • Doctor's appointment
  • Start my overseas screening
  • Dirty Dancing - Broadway in Norfolk performance
  • Santa's Stocking craft fair
  • Old World Christmas Market at the local Victorian Museum
It's going to be quite a week!
  • An update on the vintage ceramic tree - I decided to buy it but when I went to Hallmark, it was much smaller than I remembered so I used my reward dollars on an ornament instead - I'm still looking for the tree, but in a larger size


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
A faulty router discovered and replaced over the weekend means that I am three classes behind for December Daily - going to remedy that as soon as this post goes up.  Vic and I made all the Christmas Cards with the Stampin' Up supplies and they turned out very nice - can't post a picture here right now since several of my blog pals will be getting one in the mail.  I can give you a little sneak peak though.


Looking around the house:::
Laundry, sticking to the daily housekeeping plan.

From the camera:::


Beautiful decorations and a cute gift item at the gift shop where I volunteer

Something fun (or intriguing) to share:::
 I can't taken my Kitchen Aid to Okinawa so I was searching for a potato ricer to make easy mashed potatoes.  Oxo had one that has two handles that you push towards each other to force the potatoes through the holes but it looked cumbersome so I searched some more and found this gem - the Joseph Joseph Helix Ricer - you line up the top part with the red dot on the side of the bottom part and twist and voila, the potatoes go through with almost no effort - love it!

What I'm wearing today:::
Jeans, long-sleeved shirt, fleece jacket, socks, and clogs.

6 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting kitchen tool! I can't imagine what all goes into moving overseas, but I'm sure it's a lot of planning and choices as to what to take and what to leave. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love JosephJoseph. I have one of their cutting boards that has a built in knife sharpener...so handy! And love Stampin' Up! too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure to move over seas! Pray its an easy transition for you and your family! Thank you for sharing have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that OXO ricer and absolutely LOVE it, but it would be cumbersome for an over seas move. This one looks quite intriguing, I'm going to go check it out. Sounds like a busy week, hope it's GREAT!



    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad that the tree was smaller than you remembered, so glad you got the ornament instead. Perhaps you'll find a tree before the season is over. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think I'd be lost without my Kitchen aid. Although we usually just use a small hand mixer for mashed potatoes. I think my mom made her tree in a ceramics class. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete