Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/20/2017


It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in.

The weather:::

Up and down this week - range is 47 to 64 - I hope the weather will be kind in your area if you're traveling for the holiday.

On my reading pile:::
I'm embarassed to say that Part Four of Keep the Home Fires Burning is STILL STILL still waiting on my Kindle.  I've been too busy with December Daily to read anything.

On my TV:::
Outlander, Season 3, on STARZ
Bramwell
Poldark on PBS
The Durrells in Corfu on PBS

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Flank Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Mushrooms
Tuesday - Holiday Potluck at Vic's office, dinner will most likely be leftovers from that
Wednesday - Grilled Shrimp, Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Corn, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Jelly, Rolls, Pumpkin and Pecan Pies
Friday and no doubt for several days to come - Thanksgiving Leftovers!

On my to-do list:::
  • Continuing on with the Holiday Grand Plan - it's Dining Room Week - time to get out all the fancy dishes and make a lovely centerpiece for the holiday meal
  • Thanksgiving Dinner and then it's time to break out the Christmas tree
  • Black Friday
  • 36th Annual Virginia Beach Christmas Market
  • Harry Potter performance - the first movie will be shown and accompanied by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
My December Daily Product Play class has yielded some great ideas with circles, hearts, and stars that I will incorporate into my album.

Looking around the house:::
Laundry, sticking to the daily housekeeping plan.

From the camera:::



A photo in front of the tree at the Rec Center where the first craft fair was held - the tree had round, shiny ornaments along with sports ornaments - basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, etc., such a cute idea

Something fun (or intriguing) to share:::


Pottery Barn - so many beautiful decorations, lovely tablescapes and decor items

What I'm wearing today:::
Jeans, long-sleeved shirt, fleece jacket, socks, and clogs.

8 comments:

  1. Your to-do list reminds me of mine- I go shop every Black Friday. :-) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always seem to have some wonderful outings with vic. so jealous of all the christmas craft fairs and the Harry Potter big event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo that snowman mug is adorable!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the holiday season moves into high gear it sounds like you and your husband already have some awesome plans in the works! And that snowman mug? Absolutely adorable! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week ahead... I love your idea of Holiday planning for getting the home ready ...I obviously need more order to my homemaking these days!!! HEHe Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture! Oh, I love Pottery Barn stuff. My budget, however, does not. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a happy week. The Harry Potter event sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am running so, so late this week visiting everyone! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving with family and friends. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete